This decade made significant advancement in infrastructure,mainly in the metros.Mall culture has started all over India.Engineers Park is taking you to a tour were you can witness some of The biggest malls in India in terms of architecture and technology .Indian metros are on a verge of a saturation point as far as shopping malls are concerned.
So here we are taking you to a tour were you can witness some of The biggest malls in India in terms of architecture and technology. With DLF supposedly building the largest shopping complex of the World in Gurgoan. ‘Mall of India’ in Gurgoan will have a floor area of 4,500,000 when completed. Similarly, Kochi has ‘lulu Cochin Mall’ with floor area of about 2,200,000 which is expected to be open in mid-2012.
Mantri Square is a shopping mall situated in the Malleswaram locality in Bangalore, India and is considered as one of the biggest malls in India. With 0.924 million sq ft GLA, it became the biggest mall in India when it opened in 2010.Mantri Square conducts a number of theme based activities quite often. They also conducted an event which involved making Bangalore’s biggest Crostini Sandwich. Bangalore Mirror hosted its first Gods of Gaming event at Mantri Square.
Mantri Square is credited with many firsts in 2010:-
- At 1.7 million sq.ft., Mantri Square is largest mall in India
- The only mall in Bangalore to have 5 department stores
- Lifestyle, Marks, Spencer, Reliance Trends, Pantaloons and Shoppers’ Stop – all under one roof.
The other unique features of the mall include:-
- Over 10,000 brands across apparel, footwear, accessories and other lifestyle products. Over 250 outlets selling a wide variety of merchandise and offering the best of national and international brands.
- 39 Options in F&B – from the largest food court in Bangalore with over 1,000 seats, 4 fine dining restaurants, fast food outlets, coffee shops, to juice bars and lounge bars.
- A 6- theatre multiplex with a 71 seater Gold Class screen
- Over 2,00,000 sq.ft. of food, leisure & entertainment!
- Parking space for over 2,000 cars
Developers:- Mantri Developers
Established by Mr. Sushil Mantri in 1999, Mantri Developers is one of India’s leading real estate developers building world class residential properties, IT parks, shopping complexes, commercial buildings and educational institutions. In just 12 years, the company has delivered over 6,000 homes, built 20 projects and has to its credit over 1 crore square feet of constructed area, over 30,000 satisfied residents and over one crore square feet under various stages of construction.
The speed at which Mantri Developers have journeyed in this industry and the incredible volume we have built is a reflection of our deep passion, commitment and expertise. It is the amalgamation of multifarious strategic initiatives that have raised the company to the pinnacle of excellence.In the coming years the company plans to focus on the residential sector, retail, hospitality, IT Parks and educational institutions in Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune.
2.HIGH STREET PHOENIX
Phoenix Market City Mumbai (Kurla) – a development located in Mumbai’s eastern suburb of Kurla with approximately 4.05 million square foot (including 1.35 million square foot of parking) of developable area was opened in 2006 and considered as biggest malls of India.
The Phoenix Mills Limited successfully converted a defunct, disintegrating textile mill into the highly productive High Street Phoenix, now regarded as Mumbai’s premier lifestyle destination.
High Street Phoenix has become a model for the rest of the country in terms of retail led development centers. From haute couture at Quorum to monthly household shopping at Big Bazaar, SF Jeans and Lifestyle, High Street Phoenix boasts of a completely congenial environment. There’s something here for everyone.
The predominantly retail-led High Street Phoenix soon joined forces with Galaxy Entertainment and The Bowling Co., Mumbai’s largest bowling alley and gaming arcade, to add the crucial element of entertainment to the burgeoning complex. The latest attraction is an 8-screen PVR cinema multiplex. Food and beverages are available in the form of fine dining restaurants like ‘Monza’ and ‘Lemon Grass Café offset by ‘chaat’ stalls. Bars like ‘The Sports Bar’ and ‘Brew Bar’ and discotheques like ‘Ra’ and ‘Aaziano’ are popular nightspots within the complex.
The main features of High street phoenix:-
- Phoenix Market City Mumbai has 4.05 million square foot (including 1.35 million square foot of parking) of develop able area.
- Having World class brands like- AND, Episode, Mogra in Quorum, Boutiques like Krsna Mehta
- Most exotic restaurants and night clubs renowned throughout the world-White ,Lush,Ra,Smoke house Deli,
- Multi storey parking lot.
- McDonald’s and Big Bazaar, along with Pantaloon and Marks & Spencer are the major attractions in HSP.
- six-screen PVR multiplex.
Architect:- Andre bilokur
Developers:-The Phoenix Mills
Phoenix Mills Ltd is poised to carve a niche in the booming Indian real estate sector. Led by a young Managing Director, Atul Ruia and a team of professionals, the Phoenix Group is set to take on the challenge of redefining life style in Indian cities. Be it mega retail malls, entertainment complexes, commercial space or hospitality units, the Group are determined to make its presence felt in India. The Group plans to foray into developing real estate in eight cities measuring a total of 214 lakh square feet. These include Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Raipur, Agra and Indore.
Felix Square, Lucknow is ideally located on Amar Shaheed Path which makes it strategically connected with all parts of the city.Strategically situated in International Business Bay-2 of Sushant Golf City- Lucknow, Felix Square, Lucknow is a futuristic hub for retail & corporate with its unmatched features. State-of-the-art Complex with impressive Glass & Stone façade. Eco friendly design based on modern vastu principles facilitating an optimal flow of natural resources & energies.Meticulously designed Eleven Storied building with built up area of approximately 1.60 Lacs sq. ft.Retail area on ground and the first floor with well planned office spaces on upper floors.
The main features of Felix square-
- Centrally air conditioned 70 ft. high majestic Atrium, impressive lobbies and wide corridors.
- Wi – fi enabled building energized by solar power.
- Built up area of approximately 1.60 Lacs sq. ft.
- Terrace gardens on several floors, integrated with irrigation system.
- Seventh floor this unique open to sky Food Court will be the ultimate Multi Cuisine destination with top Quality ambiance and serving facilities.
Year Opened : – 2010
Total Floor Area : – 1,600,000 sq ft
Ansal API established in the year 1967, today is among the leading Realty and Infrastructure companies of India. A widely reputed and professionally managed Organization, Ansal API currently operates in a range of business verticals such as Integrated Townships, Condominiums, Group Housing, Malls, Shopping Complex, Hotels, SEZs, IT Parks and Infrastructure and Utility Services
South India’s second largest mall, is designed keeping in mind the ‘shopper-tainment’ concept and this green building developed on 11 acres of land has many architecture splendor.It has 4 floors of retail space and is in the process of finishing a building for corporate offices and a hotel. The 9,00,000 sq. ft. of retail space houses 210 premium national and international brands. The mall has plenty of drive-in space and ample car park that extends to 5,00,000 sq.ft. There are three basement parking lots that can easily accommodate 2000 vehicles. Built at a cost of 750 crore, the mall houses a classy food court and a multiplex. The 50,000 sq.ft. food court called EA Garden, has 25 counters with several food and beverage options such facility makes it the greatest mall of India.
The main features of Express avenue are:-
- the mall has 26 lifts, 34 escalators and four travelators.
- The I-pod touch, any time tickets where the tickets can be booked.
- Wi-Fi facilities enables to check mail and browse with your laptops and mobile
- Cigar room (smoking zone).
- The cinema halls boast of Series 2 Upgradable Digital projects with 2K Resolution.
- Specially designed with the USA style of 4-way speakers with the output in AES uncompressed audio.
Developer:-Express Infrastructure Pvt Ltd.
Year Opened : – 2010
Total Floor Area : - 1,500,000 sq ft
5.The India Palace
The Great India Place (TGIP), located in Sector-38A in Noida (UP)one of the prime location, is a retail and entertainment complex as part of Entertainment City, an international standard amusement park.It is a world-class integrated destination with multiple theme park, cinemas, shops and restaurants. The interior theme is “shoppertainment”, which integrates shopping and entertainment in the same premises. Shops of all possible product and service categories.A number of shops would cater to the impulses merchandise ranging from Hollywood and Bollywood stores, art galleries, music stores, book cafe’s and merchandise including Games and Toys, Pet products, gifts and flowers, handicrafts and much more.
The few Features are :-
- 6-screen multiplex cinema
- Multiple Theme park,
- Amusement park with rides imported from Italy, Switzerland and USA. This ensures an international experience.
- Multi – level parking facility
- Provision for public address voice communication system.
Developed:-International Recreation Parks Pvt. Ltd.
Year Opened : - 2007
Total Floor Area : – 1,500,000 sq ft
joint venture organization by Unitech Limited and International Amusement Limited. Unitech is engaged in the construction of residential and commercial complexes, running of luxury hotels, infrastructure project and education. Unitech is recognized as a leading player in property development & real estate in India. On the other hand, International Amusement limited became the pioneer in Amusement Park Industry in India by setting up India’s first Amusement Park “Appu Ghar” in 1983.
Inorbit Mall, Malad first opened its doors to the public in early 2004, in Mumbai. The mall has a universal class and appeal and seeks to provide a one-stop destination for fashion, lifestyle, food, and entertainment leading to an international experience for families.Located in the country’s commercial capital, Mumbai, Inorbit, Malad is the finest malls the country has ever seen. Committed to setting benchmarks in the Indian Retail Industry, its success is attributed to our unique positioning as a true one-stop lifestyle destination.
- Plasma screen video walls
- Cold cathodes and colour changing LED`s
- State-of-the-art temperature control system
- World class projectors and sound system. Fully digital sound with 3 way surround system
- It has won the best looking mall and best shopping mall and other awards.
Architect:-Chapman Taylor Partners
Developer:-K Raheja Corp.
Year Opened : - 2004
Total Floor Area : - 1,200,000 sq ft
K Raheja Corp is a success story spanned across decades and continues to achieve higher targets relentlessly for quality performance and service in diverse fields of real realty business, hospitality sector and retailing outfits. The group is expanding its retail chains across the country on the back of the vast experience it gathered from feedbacks and keen observance of people’s taste keeping in tune with its culture, customs, traditions and income. Crossword, Inorbit Mall & Hyper City have set new bench marks on the basis of information and adaptation of worldwide changes, innovations and new techniques in retailing practices.
7-DREAMS THE MALL
Dreams the Mall at Bhandup is located in close proximity to Bhandup Railway Station.The estimated built up area for the entire project is approximately 1.11 million square feet and is estimated to have a plinth area of approximately 0.25 million square feet. We have entered into a joint development agreement for the said project wherein our share in the total project is to the extent of approximately 0.41 million square feet for which the construction and development activity is underway. The project involves construction of a retail mall with multiplex, food court, amusement park and parking space for 650 cars at the basement level. It offers a multiplex, retail outlets and premium corporate offices for a diverse mix of companies, from financial institutions to pharmaceutical firms to IT companies.
The few features of the mall are:-
- Advanced fire safety, with automatic fire alarms and smoke detectors on each level, fire-resistant staircases equipped with wet risers/hose reels, sprinklers in the basement and at essential locations, hydrants all around the building.
- EPABX for convenient telecommunication within the building and basic services for optical fiber cables
- Wi-Fi facilities enables to check mail and browse with your laptops and mobile
Architect: Hafeez Contractor
Developer :- HDIL
Housing Development & Infrastructure Limited (HDIL) has established itself as one of India’s premier real estate development companies, with significant operations in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. HDIL is a public listed real estate company in India with shares traded on the BSE & NSE Stock Exchanges. HDIL group has completed more than 100 million sq.ft of construction in all verticals of real estate and has rehabilitated around 30,000 families in last one decade.