Yes, it is going to be just 2 hours from U.S to Beijing and I am not talking about flying. I don’t know where any of you live or what do you do or how often you board trains, but I have to travel almost every month to another state. I usually go for trains, but it is a bit procrastinating and dilatory.Its a New Technology ET3 makes us travel from U.S to China….in two hours. ETT (Evacuated Tube Transport) is the fastest and most efficient way to travel. It uses well known methods, parts, and technologies. The patented system works by eliminating virtually all friction normally associated with travel.
Remember, pre –ATM era when we used to put our deposits in a tube which would then get sucked over to the teller by a well ventilated pneumatic vacuum system. Also, before the days of emails and faxes, every inter office mail used to be delivered by a vacuum system installed at every floor. Brainstorming, what would it be like if one creates huge vacuum pressure difference enough to suck a heavy mass through a considerable distance? And one word that would answer what would it be like is ‘AWESOME’ and this is the basic principle on which Vacuum train (Vac-train) or Evacuation Tube Transport (ETT) is based on.
THE TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW:
Vac-train is a new, efficient, green, still developing, fast and the furious mode of transport. It would consist of a chain of capsules having provision for passengers or cargos. It will travel in a vacuum tube of diameter 1.5m having airlocks in between which will allow admittance without letting air inside. Power will be supplied by using the electric motors integrated on the walls of tube and will be only needed for acceleration, and then the high pressure difference and the magnetically suspended (Maglev, discussed below) capsule will float to the destination.
It has a potential of being the future face of transportation and communication ways. Currently, the popular mode of transport we have is airplanes, trains and automobiles. All of these are highly inefficient compared to Vac-train as their output to input ratio is very low. The amount of fuel they consume doesn’t yield s the desired output, and this is because they travel in the presence of ground friction and air resistance, and not to ignore the pollution they cause.
Nerds and geeks across the world have now even gone past this by improvising on the idea of suspending the Vac-train above the ground. This would be achieved by using electro-magnets whose magnetic fields will guide and propel the Vac-train. This system of transport is known as Maglev. It lifts the Vac-train off their guide way by creating lifts and thrust, only a few inches above the ground.
NEW TECHNOLOGY ET3 STATISTICS AND MECHANICS:
- The Vac-trains can provide 50 times more transportation per Kwh than electric trains or cars can.
- It would use only 1/50 times the energy required to run a high speed rail.
- The cost of construction would be 1/10th of the cost required to build a high speed rail and 1/4th of the cost to lay down a freeway.
- It will reduce energy usage by 98%.Due to elimination of air resistance and rolling friction, the energy \ to accelerate can be generated back while decelerating.
- It would be demand driven. It won’t have time table, queues. Would run 24/7. It can be considered as a new field for revenue generation to the government.
- Although, due to magnetic suspension, as it generates oscillations, there is an inevitable loss of energy but that is negligible as compare to massive kinetic energy acquired by the body. For example a capsule of 550 Kgs moving at 4000 Mph gains about 244 Kwh.
- But, One constraint is that at such high speed taking turns can prove fatal. So , the construction of the tube has to be along one straight line, which is a bit difficult to process but analyzing the pros and cons makes you realize that this has got promise and is worth taking an uphill task.
The capsule speed will depend on the length of the trip, as it takes time to accelerate. Given a nominal acceleration of ‘ g( acceleration due to gravity,9.81 m/s^2)’, it takes about 3 minutes to reach 4,000 mph, at which point the capsule has traveled over 100 miles (161 km). it has been decided that reasonable speed for shorter trips is 370 mph (600 km/h). While tubes could be networked like freeways, with capsules automatically routed along their trip, local and long-distance trips would require separate maglev tubes to avoid unreasonable scheduling delays.
Evacuation Tube Transport Technologies (ET3) has been working on this. Members of the ET3 conglomerate have worked with parties in China, where they say more than a dozen shares of the company has been sold. As an open association, shareholder become owners of the company and the group claims more than 60 shares have also been sold in five different countries, with interest from several more, but still a lot more people will need to get on board to turn the dreams of those behind the theory into authenticity.
So, is it ‘THE IDEA’ that can be called revolutionary or just a naked man’s dream?